St George's Chapel
The South Transept of the Church forms a Chapel within the open plan of the building which is dedicated to St George. On the East wall of the Chapel is a memorial panel bearing the names of all from the parish who served in World War II. Current and laid-up banners are hung in this Chapel where the Eucharist is customarily celebrated on Remembrance Sunday and on the Feast of St George (23rd April). From 1914 until 1968 Oswestry had an important military connection in the Park Hall Camp where many men and women trained in both radar and artillery.
Photo: The War Memorial with Christmas figures.