Around the screen
The north aisle contains plain glass windows in the west and north walls which were added in 1874. Twelve years later, in 1886, the north transept was added for symmetry. Outside, in the stonework, can be seen the filled up, yet carefully preserved, old "Town Door": a door had originally been provided in this area in 1715 to allow access to the church from the Broad Walk for the townspeople. It was blocked in during 1830 as it was draughty. After that there was a door in the east wall through which funerals entered ('the Burrin Door') but no trace of that today.