St George’s Chapel is in the South Transept, to the right of the main door. The main feature of the chapel is the War Memorial and altar designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, the architect of Liverpool Cathedral and designer of the red telephone box. The large panel has the names of the local people who gave their lives in World War Two. There is also a memorial panel on the wall with the names of those from World War One. Current and laid-up banners are hung in this chapel. From 1914 until 1968 Oswestry had an important military connection with Park Hall Camp where many men and women were trained in radar and artillery.